Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I voted

Tonight I had to have a reality check with myself. I had a long stressful day. I have a new boss who I think I am going to like but who has given me some pretty high expectations. Combine that with a few other mishaps I was in a pretty bad mood then I went to vote and it was moving slow. I was actually thinking about leaving (don't judge me yet.. keep reading) when it occurred to me how lucky I am. I thought about less than 100 years ago women first earned the right to vote. I thought about what people all over the world would sacrifice to have some say in who was leading their country and here I am my biggest problem was the screaming toddler that the mother seemed immune to (somebody took their xanax) I know this post is cheesy but I was happy I could shake off being a spoiled lazy girl for a short time and show my son how important it is that you do your civic duty: read up on the candidates and vote!

3 comments:

ShaLyse Walker said...

Good for you!

Linsey said...

Way to go Amber! I was in a similar situation yesterday. Didn't want to leave work early to drive the opposite direction of home to go vote, and then I realized how important it is for us to voice our opinions. If you don't vote, you can't complain about the outcome!

Amanda said...

good girl....