Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Summer Cocktails




It's so hot and the week before my busiest time at work so what's a girl to do? Make myself a drink of course! My favorite adult beverage has always been San Pellegrino Orange with a little Grey Goose Le'Orange and if you haven't tried it you really should! Maybe with a bit if orange zest!? but lately my drink has been a "Ducati" (everything I like to eat and drink ends up being Italian) the recipe is:

1/4 cup blackberries
3-10 mint leaves
1 part 2 parts soda water
blackberry flavored vodka
3 tablespoons simple syrup (or to taste)

Muddle the blackberries and mint in a glass. Add soda water, vodka, simple syrup and ice. Stir and enjoy!
PS: My sister-in-law spoke of a sweet tea flavored vodka to mix with lemonade. Sounds divine!

1 comment:

Linsey said...

Sweet tea vodka and lemonade is fabulous! It's a little sweet, but it's definitely a nice refreshing summertime beverage. And I'm going to have to try that recipe. It sounds divine!